An exceptional chance presents itself to collaborate with a distinguished team of engineering experts dedicated to developing cutting-edge transport solutions.
Your contributions will play a vital role in a pioneering project, starting from its conceptualization and progressing through its implementation.
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
What’s in it for you:
- Hybrid work setup
- Supportive team culture
- Be involved with embedded software development of new products.
- Challenging project with ample opportunity to technically grow
What you’ll do:
- You will report to the Head of Product Development and work closely with the engineering team
- Work on developing new products to be used onboard rolling stock vehicles.
- Delivering Firmware/Software and supporting documentation as per customer requirements and safety standards (EN 50128, EN 50155) according to the project plan.
- Take ownership of the overall system functionality and software architecture.
- Check and review team design and development work.
- Check and review code written by other software team members.
- Selection and setup of software development tools when required.
- Work with external vendors if required.
- Produce design and documentation inputs to V&V documentation as required by the project.
- Support changes to software development plans where required.
What you’ll need:
- At least 8 to 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Embedded software development experience in C.
- Experience working with RTOS.
- Experience with software testing tools such as code coverage tools and static analysis tools.
- Strong experience developing communications and interface protocols such as Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, and UART.
- Fundamental understanding of EMC and environmental testing.
- Development experience in control algorithms and motor control.
- Be able to produce safety and project-related documents such as software architecture specifications, low-level software functional specifications, and design reports, generating well-documented code.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing following coding standards such as MISRA C.
Apply now and let start a conversation!