Fancy working on state-of-the-art satellite systems, guidance systems, defense, and communications tech? Itching to take on a challenge and contribute to a proud, growing Australian company?
What you'll do:
- Responsible for providing software designs that support the product development and product support goals of the organisation.
- Software design solutions are to be developed against defined requirements and delivered in accordance with agreed schedules.
- Undertakes design and engineering analysis tasks and provides guidance and mentorship to other Software Design Engineers.
- Take ownership of the design and development of software that integrates the data from an advanced suite of sensors into a responsive, reliable, and safe control system.
- You will work with our Systems, Mechanical, and Electronics Engineering teams to engineer highly-regarded products.
What you'll need:
- The role requires deep software engineering technical knowledge, coding, and the understanding of the software functional role in conjunction with electronics design, mechanical design, and systems engineering disciplines
- Commercial experience with C, C++, or Java programming languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to solve challenging technical problems; and
- Attention to detail.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
Nice to have:
- Experience with engineering processes such as CMMI, or SPICE, or similar methodologies; and Embedded or real-time software development.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Engineering are viewed favorably.
What's in it for you:
An equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, an employee incentive scheme, and additional annual leave.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance.
If this interests you, Apply now!