Join an award-winning, ASX listed engineering company and contribute to developing state-of-the-art medical devices, mining technology or solutions for defence applications.
Be involved in creating innovative technology-rich solutions for complex project challenges and make your mark.
The company is in Melbourne, Victoria
What’s in it for you:
• Improve billions of lives
• Work on state-of-the-art products
• Dynamic and supportive team
• Great company culture
What you’ll do:
The Senior Mechanical Engineer provides Mechanical engineering services to assist the company in creating exceptional technical solutions that drive success for our customers. The Senior Mechanical Engineer demonstrates pragmatic problem-solving skills, a high degree of technical competence, and sound judgement to solve complex issues arising from own work and that of others.
• Perform and participate in risk management activities (HA, FMEA).
• Demonstrate awareness of and compliance to Quality Management System procedures and Processes.
• Manage document releases through formal document control processes.
• Estimate large Mechanical activities accurately and review less senior engineer's estimates.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in a professional manner, be an active listener.
• Manage customer relationships for small projects at the technical level, or a small part of a larger Project.
• Successfully lead timely technical meetings and design reviews.
• Prepare and maintain design documentation.
• Be a team player and work collaboratively with the functional group and broader organisation in support of the company objectives.
• Own all of a Mechanical design / development autonomously.
• Own large Mechanical architecture developments, and give input for product architectures.
• Provide technical advice to others, and contribute to complex technical decisions.
What you’ll need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering.
• 8+ years’ experience in one or more engineering disciplines.
• SolidWorks experience.
• Experience working in an Engineering product design focused organization.
• Experience in developing creative solutions to Mechanical engineering challenges.
• Exhibit an advanced knowledge of Mechanical design skills and methods.
• Hold a broad knowledge of Mechanical development tools.
• Have a sound knowledge of Mechanical manufacturing processes and methods and support rampup of production activities.
APPLY now and don't miss out!