Ready for your next BIG challenge?
Join a world leader in defence technology with a strong focus on innovation, research and technology development and take the lead!
A tremendous opportunity to work on various projects like Electric Vehicles, Drones, and Rocket motors. Enable yourself to bump up your skills and experience and make a dent in rolling out the core product.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive remuneration
• Exciting projects and industry-leading innovations
• Cutting edge surface mount electronics manufacturing facility on site
• Opportunity to work collaboratively with external research organisations and institutions
• Work in a dynamic team environment with talented engineers to develop innovative, novel applications for defence
What you’ll do:
• Technical lead for a multidisciplinary team.
• Design and optimisation of mechanical components, systems and tooling for military weapons and munitions.
• 3D CAD modelling of components and assemblies to be used in weapon systems and testing of energetic materials
• Preparation of manufacturing drawings including tolerancing and dimensioning to Australian Standards
• Conduct critical design reviews and product optimisation
• Development of test plans
• Carrying out ballistic testing campaigns including field testing
• Failure analysis
• Prototyping and assembly of systems and support apparatus for testing campaigns
• Applied research in the field of explosive ordnance systems
• Liaise with external suppliers of sub-components and raw materials
What you’ll need:
• Australian Citizenship - must be eligible for the Australian Government BASELINE security check
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent
• 3D CAD modelling expertise (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience preparing manufacturing drawings to AS 1100
• Good understanding of engineering materials: specifically, lightweight alloys, steels, polymers and composites
• Experience with FEA tools and simulation
• Hands-on, practical approach to engineering problem solving
• Knowledge of various manufacturing processes e.g., manual and CNC machining, injection moulding, casting, 3D printing, fabrication
• Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles
• Sound knowledge of mechanical systems design
• Experience with a multidisciplinary team and providing technical direction
Nice to have:
• Experience in an R&D role
• Ammunition reloading experience
• Knowledge of rocket propulsion systems and explosive ordnance platforms
• Knowledge and experience with additive manufacturing
• Strives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Basic understanding of electronic systems
APPLY NOW, and don’t miss out on this great opportunity!