An extraordinary opportunity to work with some of the best engineering minds building lead edge transport products.
You'll be working on a new project being built from the ground up.
What’s in it for you:
- Hybrid work setup
- Supportive team culture
- Be involved with embedded software development of new products.
- Challenging project with ample opportunity to technically grow
What you’ll do:
- You will report to the Head of Product Development and work closely with the Senior Electronic Hardware Engineers.
- Work on developing new products to be used onboard rolling stock vehicles.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies for implementation into company products and processes.
- Delivering Firmware/Software and supporting documentation as per customer requirements and rail
- safety standards (EN 50128, EN 50155) according to the project plan.
- Take ownership of the overall system functionality and software architecture.
- Check and review team design and development work.
- Check and review code written by other software team members.
- Selection and setup of software development tools when required.
- Work with external vendors if required.
- Produce design and documentation inputs to V&V documentation as required by the project.
- Support changes to software development plans where required.
What you’ll need:
- Embedded software development experience in C.
- Experience working with RTOS.
- Experience developing following coding standards such as MISRA C.
- Experience with software testing tools such as code coverage tools and static analysis tools.
- Strong experience developing communications and interface protocols such as Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, and UART.
- Fundamental understanding of EMC and environmental testing.
- Development experience in control algorithms and motor control.
- Be able to produce safety and project-related documents such as software architecture specifications, low-level software functional specifications, and design reports, generating well-documented code.
Nice to have:
- Experience from other regulated industries (industrial, automotive) focusing on functional safety.
- Experience in development for functional safety for railway applications (EN 50128) or equivalents such as IEC 61508 or ISO 26262 are also acceptable.
Apply now and let start a conversation.