Be the driving force in the Software Development of a world-class range of highly innovative and cost-effective storage-based renewable energy systems.
An organization with more than 50 years of manufacturing history is looking for a Software Team Lead who will be responsible for the delivery of the company’s core IP software algorithms, platforms, architectures, software functions, and cyber security methodologies for existing and new products deployed or in development.
The company is located in Melbourne, VIC.
What’s in it for you:
- Join an evolving and dynamic team, with a huge project development roadmap.
- Rub shoulders with highly experienced engineers.
- Competitive salary
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop unique platforms that will integrate with various innovative technologies.
- Determine optimal architectures to deploy new product/process and feature development to client strategy.
- Manage a team of software developers to deliver firmware and supporting embedded systems on time, within budget and scope.
- Implement software engineering process execution and improvement and follow through to production release and ongoing maintenance.
- Interface with other stakeholders in the company on a regular basis to support and drive software needs and goals as per the R&D tasks.
- Coordinate shared resources and workloads with the R&D Manager to continuously improve products and processes.
- Work with the Production Manager on software system selection/upgrades and maintenance
- Liaise with the PM and external stakeholders to develop new products from concept to pre-preproduction to fully commercial production release.
- Hands-on software engineering encompassing full product development lifecycle, reviewing code in C/C++, Python and other advanced scripting languages.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computing, Software Engineering or a related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 8+ years’ experience in advanced software/electronics design and manufacturing
- Comprehensive experience managing software development and deployment, including experience with low-level firmware and microcontrollers for electronic/electrical power controls and design for manufacture.
- Experience with providing technical leadership to complex multidiscipline engineering projects
- Keen adherence to sound software development and testing practices, systems thinking to ensure translation of product features into functional products
Nice to Have:
- Prior electrical design experience, understanding of renewable energy systems including solar and Li-ion batteries, knowledge of Australian or international electrical grid requirements/regulations, and understanding of Australian Standards including AS4777, AS5139, AS3000
Sound like you? Apply now and step up!