Be the driving force in the Software Development of the premier designer and manufacturer of cutting-edge LED pixel controllers globally.
Join a forefront industry leader as a Software Engineering Team Lead dedicated to sophisticated lighting solutions, aiming to revolutionize the way businesses and individuals perceive and interact with lighting!
The company is located in Melbourne, VIC.
What’s in it for you:
- Work on exciting products
- Rub shoulders with highly experienced engineers.
- Competitive salary
What you’ll do:
- Lead a talented team of software engineers in designing and developing state-of-the-art LED pixel lighting controllers
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, shaping the direction of the software processes and influencing the development of groundbreaking products
- Lead, mentor, and contribute to the growth of the software engineering team
- Identify the most effective structures for implementing new product/process and feature development aligned with client strategy.
- Manage a team of software developers to ensure the timely and budget-conscious delivery of firmware and supporting embedded systems, adhering to specified scopes.
- Execute and enhance software engineering processes, overseeing them from inception to production release and continuous maintenance.
- Engage in hands-on software engineering throughout the entire product development lifecycle, including code review in C/C++, Python, and other advanced scripting languages.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computing, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 10+ years demonstrable industry experience working in software development – preferably embedded systems with C/C++.
- Experience with RTOS, Python, and web APIs would be advantageous.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience working in software solution architecture.
- At least 1 year leading or managing a team of software developers
- Demonstrated knowledge of unit and system regression testing practices
- Experience working with a variety of common micro controllers such as Microchip, STMicro, and ARM-based processors
- Experience with contemporary development lifecycle tools such as Git, Confluence and Jira
- Exposure to electronics design, providing a holistic perspective on product development
Sound like you? Apply now and step up!