Empower the scientific community. Make an impact!
Design and build scientific instrumentation (i.e., tunable lasers, power lasers, laser controllers, wave-meters, and RF equipment) for high-end physics research.
Join a rapidly growing high-tech scientific instrumentation research and manufacturing organisation.
The company is located in Melbourne, Victoria.
What's in it for you:
- Get your hands dirty and work in high-end research and development
- Flexible working environment
- Have a direct influence on product development
- Excellent opportunity to sharpen your experience and skillset
What you'll do:
- Establish and lead the software development team, with the long-term aim to lead a group of junior firmware engineers.
- Develop and support both embedded and application software used within the company’s products and software used for internal to the company, be it for calibration, testing and research.
- Work on various units and experimental setups ranging from atomic clocks, quantum computing systems, laser controllers, RF systems and wave-meter instrumentation.
What you'll need:
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing, and debugging with microcontrollers (ARM / STM32)
- 5+ years C/C++ for embedded systems
- Ability to read schematics and datasheets
- Familiarity with various communication protocol (USB/Ethernet & I2C, SPI, Quad SPI, DCI interface)
- Proven ability in documentation and manual writing
- Expertise to lead and set up proper and correct software practices within the company
- Working rights in Australia (permanent resident or Australian citizen)
Nice to have:
- Application Software with proficiency in Python
- Embedded code for Instrumentation equipment
- Digital signal processing knowledge
Apply NOW, and don't miss out on this tremendous opportunity!