Are you an ambitious individual who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment?
Looking to join a dynamic team that thrives on innovation and pushing the boundaries of technology?
Be part of an organization that is redefining the possibilities of technology!
Located in Melbourne, Victoria
What's in it for you:
• Hybrid work arrangement
• Generous salary package
• Supportive team members and managers
• Continuously improving and efficient team
• Work in a solid domain with constant technical growth
• Be involved in producing consistent quality products
What you'll do:
• Creating and maintaining 3D CAD and 2D drawings for concept creation, manufacturable metal and plastic parts design, and component and assembly level drawings for prototyping and production.
• Designing and developing complex plastic and metal components and assemblies, considering plastic tooling and moulding processes, metal tooling and forming operations, and product assembly fixtures.
• Ensuring adherence to industry standard product development and quality processes, including APQP, FMEA, PPAP, and DVP&R requirements.
• Considering DFMA and participating in the 8D issue resolution process.
• Assisting with and performing mechanical engineering calculations, modelling, FEA, and other technical analysis, along with generating associated reports.
• Ensuring timely completion of all Mechanical Product Design Group projects within budget.
• Assisting with material selection for mechanical products and addressing customer technical queries.
• Utilizing 2D and 3D CAD software for designing and releasing component and assembly drawings.
• Developing mechanical components and assemblies from concept to production tool release.
• Participating in concept reviews and providing guidance on plastics and metal design requirements.
• Assisting in verifying designs using FEA and Plastic Injection Moulding Simulation Software.
What you'll need:
• Demonstrated technical competency in Mechanical Engineering, including knowledge in Engineering Physics, Material Technology, Mechanism Design & Machine Kinematics, and Structural Statics & Dynamics.
• Strong comprehension of technical/engineering and design principles and relevant technologies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or a similar field.
• Solid knowledge of Plastic & Metal Manufacturing Methods & Processes.
• Proficiency in NX, CATIA, or SolidWorks (ideally, experience with all three).
• Competency in 2D Drafting and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Experience with FEA or other CAE methods.
• Familiarity with Material & Mechanical Standards and Processes.
• Experience with Quality processes such as APQP, DFMEA, PPAP, 8D, etc.
• Understanding Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) principles.
• Experience supporting DVP&R (Design Verification Plan & Report) testing activities.
• Ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external customers, stakeholders, and suppliers.
• Capability to lead and mentor in projects while assisting junior team members.
Nice to have:
• Background in Defense, Automotive Accessories, Medical Equipment, or Mechatronics industries.
We encourage you to apply if you possess the above qualifications and are eager to contribute your expertise to the team. Grab this opportunity with both hands!