Fancy joining the world leader in defence technology with
a broad portfolio of locally designed and manufactured defence capabilities
equipping the Australian and allied defence forces.
A tremendous opportunity to work on various projects like Electric Vehicles, Drones and Rocket motors. Enable yourself to bump up your skills and experience and make a dent in rolling out the core product.
The company is in Melbourne, Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive salary
• Exciting projects and industry leading innovations
• Professional learning and development opportunities
• Working in a dynamic team environment with talented engineers to develop innovative, novel applications for defence
• Opportunity to work collaboratively with external research organisations and institutions
What you’ll do:
• Mechanical design and optimisation of the platform and mechanical sub-systems
• 3D CAD modelling of components and assemblies to be used in the robotic platform
• Preparation of manufacturing drawings including tolerancing and dimensioning to Australian Standards
• Undertake appropriate due diligence, conducting preliminary and critical design reviews for product optimisation
• Development of test plans
• Failure analysis
• Liaise with external suppliers of sub-components and raw materials
What you’ll need:
• Australian Citizenship - must be eligible for the Australian Government BASELINE security check
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
• Sound knowledge of mechanical systems design
• 3D CAD modelling expertise (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience preparing manufacturing drawings to AS 1100
• Good understanding of engineering materials
• Experience with FEA tools and simulation
• Hands-on, practical approach to engineering problem solving
• Knowledge of various manufacturing processes e.g., manual and CNC machining, injection moulding, casting, 3D printing, fabrication
• Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles
• Not be a prohibited person under Section 3 of the Firearms Act 1996 (Victoria)
• This role is required onsite and thus you will be required under the Victorian Government mandate to provide proof of vaccination in accordance with the mandate.
Nice to have:
• Experience in an R&D role
• Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
• Interest and breadth of knowledge in other engineering domains (e.g. Robotics, electrical)
APPLY NOW, and don’t miss out on this tremendous opportunity!