Drive the revolution to electric-powered transport through your contribution to the position.
Join an Australian icon with a global presence, an ever-increasing number of employees and a vast array of capabilities and customers.
The Company is in Melbourne, Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
• Join a continuously improving, efficient team.
• Be involved in producing consistent quality products.
• Work in a solid domain with constant technical growth
• Work with the latest technologies and methodologies.
What you'll do:
• Support the development of embedded and non-embedded software solutions
• Recommend hardware solutions based on software requirements.
• Robust documentation of software specifications.
• Drive the resolution of software issues using automotive 8D problem solving techniques and understanding of hardware design principles.
• Software release ensuring all validation, lessons learnt, and peer review activities have been completed.
• Ensure that all development activities are conducted in accordance with development processes and all legal requirements.
• Provide input into Design Processes and look to continuously improve and streamline them.
• Understands the limitations of the hardware and how it needs to be handled in software.
• Ability to debug embedded hardware.
• Develop and document software system level designs.
• Application of continuous improvement to software development and processes.
• Ensure system FMEAs are robustly completed. Interface with vehicle communication systems include CAN, LIN.
• Take ownership and execute all assigned project activities in the time allocated.
• Create and track software project budgets. Experience in working in cross-functional teams
• Support test engineers to develop software test plans.
• Experience with all levels of software verification and validation (static analysis, reviews, unit test, integration test, etc).
• Support E-Lab during DVPR test activities.
• Support the design and build of test fixtures to support DVPR activities.
• Support the design and build of test fixtures to support Programming and End of Line activities.
What you'll need:
• Experience leading a small to mid-size software team.
• Strong working knowledge of embedded C including software component development across multiple architectural layers.
• Demonstrated leadership of embedded software development projects from acquisition to production.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the traditional software development lifecycle as well as agile methods including ISO26262 and Cybersecurity.
• Ability to tailor software architectures and development processes to suit specific situations.
• Experience with re-scoping (change management) a software project.
• Experience eliciting requirements with all stakeholders.
• Experience with Software Development toolchains (i.e., IBM Doors, Vector, Python scripting etc).
• Proven software estimation skills (cost, quality, and timing).
• Strong resource planning experience with demonstrated ability in refactoring with limited resources.
• Experience with software testing.
An opportunity not to be missed! APPLY NOW!