Solve problems that actually impact the environment one customer at a time.
A leading Australian energy solutions company is looking for an Electronics Team Lead who will help develop products across multiple platforms and environments.
The company is located in Melbourne, Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
- Join an evolving and dynamic team, with a huge project development roadmap.
- Rub shoulders with highly experienced engineers.
- Competitive salary
What you’ll do:
- Write and review Electrical requirement documents for our various products
- Design products and components to requirements, with re-use, modularity, and standardization in mind.
- Manage electronics engineers to design, build, test and debug complex power electronics.
- Identify the proper EMC, certification and compliance requirements.
- Develop innovative control algorithms for advanced power conversion products.
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout the Product Development Life Cycle.
- Investigation of complex issues and problems.
- Control system firmware development and validation.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging technologies and competitor threats.
What you'll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of commercial experience developing complex power products
- Comprehensive experience managing the electronics engineering team
- Experience with providing technical leadership to complex multidiscipline engineering projects
- Deep knowledge of High-Power electronics, Power Circuit Topologies and Control systems (inverter, DC/DC, IGBTs, MOSFETs, signal conditioning and filter circuitry etc.).
- High Power Electronics experience – both at a circuit level and component level - Rectifier circuits, IGBT, MOSFET, Barrier diodes, power conversion devices – magnetics, inductors, rectifiers, etc.
- Experience in design for EMC, DFM/DFT considerations as well as design for volume manufacture.
- Experience using simulation tools for power / frequency / integrity / thermal assessments (MATLAB/Simulink, Simplorer, LTSpice, pSpice, Maxwell, etc.).
Nice to Have:
- Prior electrical design experience, understanding of renewable energy systems including solar and Li-ion batteries, knowledge of Australian or international electrical grid requirements/regulations, and understanding of Australian Standards including AS4777, AS5139, AS3000
Sound like you? Apply now and step up!