We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a growing company working on the development of cutting edge Defence technologies and systems. Huge opportunity to work on a variety of projects like Electric Vehicles, Drones and Rocket Motor that will bump up your skills and experience as well as make a dent in rolling out the core product.
What's you'll be doing:
- Be the technical lead for a multidisciplinary team.
- Design and development of mechanical components, systems and tooling.
- 3D CAD modelling of components and assemblies.
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings including tolerancing and dimensioning to Australian Standards
- Critical design review and optimisation
- Liaise with external suppliers of sub-components
- Assist in the procurement of plant and equipment
- Assist in the set-up of a pilot manufacturing plant
- Applied research
What you'll need:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), Minimum 4 years of engineering experience
- 3D CAD modelling expertise (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience preparing manufacturing drawings
- Good understanding of engineering materials: specifically, lightweight alloys, steels, polymers and composites
- Experience with FEA tools and simulation
- Hands-on, practical approach to engineering problem solving
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes e.g. CNC machining, injection moulding, casting, 3D printing, fabrication
- Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture principles
- Sound knowledge of mechanical systems design
Must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance. ONLY AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS