Are you a Mechanical Engineer who is highly skilled in Solidworks?
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a growing company working on the development of cutting edge Defence technologies and systems. Huge opportunity to work on a variety of projects like Electric Vehicles, Drones and Rocket Motor that will bump up your skills and experience as well as make a dent in rolling out the core product.
The company is located in Melbourne, Victoria.
What's you'll be doing:
- Design and development of mechanical components, systems and tooling
- 3D CAD modelling of components and assemblies
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings including tolerancing and dimensioning to Australian Standards
- Critical design review and optimisation
- Liaise with external suppliers of sub-components of weapon systems
- Assist in the procurement of plant and equipment
- Assist in the set-up of a pilot manufacturing plant
- Applied research
What you'll need:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with, 2 years minimum engineering experience
- 3D CAD modelling experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Sound knowledge of mechanical systems design
- Good understanding of engineering materials: specifically, metals, polymers and composites
- Hands-on, practical approach to engineering problem solving
- Experience preparing manufacturing drawings
Must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance - ONLY AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS