Design and develop firmware for products and services on embedded platforms.
Utilise domain experience to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself and others, and have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
This role is open to engineers in New South Wales & Queensland.
What you'll do:
- Perform firmware decomposition and design, defining interfaces and test cases.
- Work with system, software, firmware and hardware designers on new embedded designs.
- Work closely with the engineering team to create optimum hardware/firmware solutions for embedded products.
- Work closely with the Software Team Lead and Test Teams to ensure developments meet the requirement specification.
- Document requirements, design specs and results to a professional engineering standard.
- Work with customers (internal/potentially external) to create use cases and derive document requirements.
What you'll need:
- Experience in working with networking and standard serial protocols communication protocols over CAN, RS232 and RS485.
- Experience in the usage of Software Development tools, specifically GIT and Rally. Working knowledge and interest in the Telematics domain.
- Understanding of Linker scripts, map files and fundamentals of memory organisation.
- Troubleshooting of IO issues, protocols, and memory issues on embedded targets.
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++.
- Knowledge of reading schematics and datasheets for various components.
- BE with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience working with embedded software/industrial communication protocols.
Nice to have:
- Persists to completion, especially in overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments.
- Knowledge of any python-based automation framework.
- Knowledge of security scans with SCA tools like Polaris and Black duck.
- Understanding of data structures and Algorithms.
- Able to demonstrate usage of oscilloscope and spectrum analyser and other tools.
Be part of a big league. Apply Now!