Redefine a new generation of medical devices.
Join an exciting high-tech company developing cutting-edge 3D optical imaging instruments.
A company committed to producing innovative and highly accurate imaging instruments is looking for a Firmware Engineer.
The company is located in Melbourne, Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity for you to grow and learn in a friendly and supportive culture
- Attractive remuneration package
- Contributing to a fast-growing company at the leading edge of diagnostic imaging
What you’ll do:
- Build the firmware for the real-time control of instruments which includes controlling a variety of actuators, sensors, and displays
- Develop high-quality, robust firmware and software
- Design, develop, and maintain code across the whole SDLC
- Bring-up new hardware, test, and evaluate components
- Maintain existing firmware, improve performance, robustness, and add features or port to new hardware
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Embedded C/C++ and design skills to a high standard
- Experience with 32-bit MCUs and toolchains
- Real-time operating systems, threading, concurrency issues
- Embedded Linux development (including bootloaders, packaging, distribution mgt, etc)
- Testing – manual, automated, thorough validation
- Motion control for multi-axis motors and actuators
- Control of and interfacing with displays
- Control systems, PID control design and tuning
- Thorough understanding of various communications protocols, including RS-232/485, SPI, I2C, USB (incl. SS)
Nice to have:
- Has understanding of electronics schematics and multi-layer PCB layouts
- Electrical Engineering and digital fundamentals
- VHDL development and Xilinx Vivado
- Python scripting and automation
- Experience working with Atlassian Jira and Bitbucket
- IEC-62304 Experience
Apply NOW, and don't miss out on this tremendous opportunity!