Are you an innovative thinker? If you fancy designing innovative solutions that combine hardware and firmware, then look no further!
Join a company devoted to providing the best in designing, engineering, and implementing firmware solutions that will take IoT devices to the next level!
The company is in Melbourne, Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with highly experienced engineers developing state of the art IIoT devices (water, gas, electric utilities, industrial and agtech)
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and industry recognised technology company
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, moving priorities.
- For the right person, a higher than average salary package with the opportunity to participate later in an ESS for equity in the company.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of recent experience either in a commercial environment developing electronic assemblies for mass production
- Firmware development on the state of the art MCU’s such as nrf52, stm32, i.e. mostly ARM Cortex.
- Good understanding of debugging and problem-solving techniques related to embedded systems: JTAG/SWD, GDB, trace and remote debugging techniques
- Hardware and firmware design for ultra-low power, battery optimized devices
- Embedded RTOS experience, e.g. FreeRTOS. Primary work will be with Zephyr OS
- Sound knowledge of hardware communication protocols: serial UART, I2C, (Q)SPI. Higher level protocols are a bonus: eg. Modbus, USB.
- Familiar use of various dev environments and associated debugging hardware and software tools, not just IDEs
- Instrumentation usages such as oscilloscopes, DMM’s, VNA, and spectrum analyser
- Use of soldering, hand tools on the bench for R&D and debugging purposes (not production quality)
- Use of version and revision control tools such as GIT
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation and product specifications in English language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team-based work environment.
- Must be able to problem solve, work with limited information and develop customer specifications
- RF experience layers such as Bluetooth, NB-IoT, Lora etc.
- Familiarisation with protocols such as MQTT, CoAP, LwM2M
- CI/CD and or devop experience
- Experience with production-level assembly, test, and troubleshooting of electronics systems.
- Design for high volume manufacturing and regulatory requirements such as EMC
- Good understanding of the PCB design process, and some experience in schematic and PCB layout. (Altium preferred)
An opportunity not to be missed! Apply NOW!