Join a multi-disciplined engineering team that incorporates complex electrical, optical, and magnetic technology providing reliable, secure, and user-focused product solutions.
A leading designer and manufacturer of currency handling equipment is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. The company has major markets in Hongkong, Melbourne, Chicago USA, and Wantage UK, with engineering centers in Australia and China.
The company is located in Sydney, NSW.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent engineering team culture
- An opportunity to learn from highly experienced engineers
- Competitive salary
What you’ll do:
- Develop and test the firmware for new products
- Document the operation of the product based on knowledge of the firmware
- Investigate and revolve firmware faults in existing products
- Respond to queries from customers on our products
- Work alongside two experienced firmware engineers and junior engineers
- Work within a development team on embedded system firmware and report on the progress and status of firmware projects
What you’ll need:
- Four years or more experience in programming embedded systems using either C programming language (preferred) or assembler, for real time systems.
- Experience in testing and debugging firmware, analysing system faults and investigating faults reported from the field.
- Experience with NXP Freescale HCS12(X) (16-bit) and Kinetis (32-bit ARM)
- Experience with STM (32-bit ARM), TI (aka Texas Instruments) MSP430, Atmel ATtiny
- Should be familiar with electronic circuits and fault finding on the circuitry supporting an embedded system
- Able to prepare user guides and manuals for the embedded systems that have been worked on.
- Be adaptable and able to move between projects as required
- Should have good communication skills
- Should have an interest in developing new skills and working with new technologies
- Should be able to use standards office software, such as email, word processor such as Word and spreadsheets such as Excel
- A familiarity with writing simple applications on a PC would be desirable but not essential. Such applications would be used to test and to configure the embedded systems
- A degree in Electronics or Software Engineering or similar discipline.
Apply NOW, and don’t miss out on this tremendous opportunity!