Fancy joining the world leader in defence technology with a broad portfolio of locally designed and manufactured defence capabilities equipping the Australian and allied defence forces.
A tremendous opportunity to work on various projects like Electric Vehicles, Drones and Rocket motors. Enable yourself to bump up your skills and experience and make a dent in rolling out the core product.
The company is in Melbourne, Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive remuneration
- Exciting projects and industry-leading innovations
- Cutting edge surface mount electronics manufacturing facility on site
- Precision machine shop on site
- Wide range of test and measurement equipment and instruments, including high voltage and RF labs
- Maritime research vessel for at-sea testing
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Working in a dynamic team environment with talented engineers to develop innovative, novel applications for defence
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with external research organisations and institutions
What you’ll do:
- Circuit board design
- Datalogging and telemetry
- Design of electromechanical control systems
- Participate in design reviews
- Assist production department manufacturing boards
- Embedded software design
- Prepare specifications and requirements
- Analyse standards for key requirements
- Develop test and evaluation plans and procedures
- Field testing weapon systems
- Field testing explosive ordnance
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor Electrical, Electronics, Computer Systems, Embedded Systems or related discipline
- Australian Citizenship - must be eligible for the Australian Government BASELINE security check.
- PCB design Altium Designer (essential)
- Low-level micro-controller experience (STM32, AVR, ARM, Ti)
- Experience in programming in embedded C , C++ and python
- Analogue and Digital circuit design
- Miniaturised electronics
- Flexible polyimide circuit board design
- Tight ECAD/MCAD Integration
- SolidWorks and Modelling
- Debugging and fault-finding circuits
- Surface mount assembly and rework
- RF circuit analysis and design
- Sensor interfacing and conditioning, especially Accelerometers and gyroscopes / Sensor fusion 6 -9DOF
- This role is required onsite, and thus you will be required under the Victorian Government mandate to provide proof of vaccination in accordance with the mandate.
APPLY NOW, and don’t miss out on this tremendous opportunity!