Join hands with a leading international equipment and digital solutions provider, offering value-added services across various transportation sectors.
Work with an excellent team of engineers and advanced and state-of-the-art technology are committed to accelerating transportation progress.
They have an office in Brisbane and Sydney.
What you’ll do:
• Design and develop firmware for various products and services on embedded platforms
• Utilize domain expertise to solve problems and achieve short-term and long-term business goals
• Collaborate with system, software, firmware, and hardware designers on new embedded designs
• Work with the broader engineering team to create optimal hardware/firmware solutions for embedded products
• Ensure port/peripheral assignments are made early in the design stages to suit the application and firmware efficiency
• Work with customers to create use cases and document requirements for the product, test, install, and support
• Perform firmware system decomposition and design, defining interfaces and test cases
• Implement and test firmware, ensuring that requirements and quality standards are met
• Program in C and C++ to produce efficient, well-documented, and reusable firmware
• Work closely with the S/W Team Lead and Test Teams to ensure that developments meet requirement specifications
• Document all requirements, design specifications, and results to a professional engineering standard
• Participate in design and code reviews.
What you’ll need:
• A minimum of 3 years of industrial experience working with embedded software/industrial communication products.
• Excellent programming skills in C and C++ are mandatory.
• Should have experience working with networking and standard serial communication protocols over CAN, RS232, and RS485.
• Should have experience using software development tools, specifically GIT and Rally. They should also possess a working knowledge and interest in the Telematics domain.
• An understanding of linker scripts, map files, and fundamentals of memory organization is essential.
• Competency in troubleshooting IO issues, protocols, and memory issues on embedded targets should also be among their skillset.
• Knowledge of reading schematics and datasheets for various components is a plus.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of any Python-based automation framework.
• Should also have knowledge of security scans with SCA tools like Polaris and Black Duck.
• Understanding data structures and algorithms is essential.
• Should be able to demonstrate the usage of the oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and other tools.
Time to step up! APPLY NOW!