Ready for your career's biggest challenge?
Join a world leader in defence technology with a strong focus on innovation, research and technology development.
Be responsible for designing leading edge conceptual and preliminary flight vehicle designs to support the company's development in the missile space.
The company is located in Melbourne, Australia.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive remuneration
- Exciting projects an industry-leading innovations
- Cutting edge surface mount electronics manufacturing facility and precision machines shop on site
- Wide range of test and measurement equipment and instruments including high voltage and RF labs
- Remote explosive ordnance and weapons testing facility
- Maritime research vessel for at sea testing
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Working in a dynamic team environment with talented engineers to develop innovative, novel applications for defence
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with external research organisations and institutions
What you'll do:
- Layout and sizing
- Weight estimation
- Mission breakdown
- Aerodynamics and performance
- Stability and control
- Range estimations, trade studies
- External ballistics
- Flight testing and safety envelopes
- Design of high-performance flight vehicles for specified use cases.
- Develop concept and deliver product systems within budget and project timeframes
- Completion of milestones within project scope and successful demonstration including safety
What you need:
- Bachelor or Masters in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
- Strong relevant industry aerospace engineering experience
- Australian Citizenship - must be eligible for the Australian Government BASELINE security check
- Not be a prohibited person under Section 3 of the Firearms Act 1996 (Victoria)
- Experience in conceptual and preliminary flight vehicle design
- Demonstrated experience in supersonic flight vehicle designs
- Experience in composite design, flight testing and low observables
- NV-1 clearance advantageous
- This role is required onsite and thus you will be required under the Victorian Government mandate to provide proof of vaccination in accordance with the mandate.
If this interests you, APPLY now and let’s start a conversation.